Sunday 2 March 2014

Kimono Jacket Evening Class Starts in April.

Last year I went on a wandering foray down the High Street. Usually returning with a lipstick and Marks and Sparks biscuits. Aside from the biscuits, I saw some attractive Kimono jackets in River island and whilst i loved the prints i couldn't bring myself to buy one. Mainly because the fabrics are such poor quality and people would know where I brought it from so it would date and lose it's appeal quickly. I'd been toying with the idea of the kimono jacket for a long time and found a pattern in a book my dad had brought for me when I was 15! so that's many years ago now. I had to draft it up but I was a very, very simple shape. It didn't take long to make either.
Then I had a little play around with shortening the pattern and like this version even better. Both lots of fabric are from the Fabric Emporia which is at the end of my street and I'm in there at least twice a week. This shop alone deserves it own posting which Ill do soon. I digress, this jacket has a lot of mileage in it, embroidered panels, massive pockets, contrast fabrics, endless posibilities. My next version is going to be in hand painted silk. Oh, yes also It's going to be an evening class which starts in April and you can book through my website. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment